We are delighted to announce that Theresa Osborne and Emma Perkins have been chosen to be the Blue Sky EOT champions for 2023/24.
Blue Sky became an Employee Ownership Trust in December 2022 and these two wonderful employees will be the first of our EOT champions, setting the foundations for this role and helping to embed the EOT into our company culture.
Gary Neild, CEO, and the leadership team are determined that Blue Sky will always remain in the EOT arrangement. This means that the business will never be sold to an external party. In essence, Blue Sky has created an EOT to provide a sustainable ownership structure for the long-term and seeks to embed even further a collaborative ethos, that elevates the company to even higher levels. The benefits of this are countless, but primarily the EOT means continuity for clients and their families in generations to come, and continuity for the Blue Sky employees too.
The role of champions
Champions will help to promote the EOT within the company, and externally. We have chosen two great communicators and their team spirit is evident in everything they do. Theresa and Emma will be responsible for ensuring the EOT values seep into every element of our work and culture, plus they will also be tasked with:
- Updating the staff webpages when new items of interest or relevant documents have been created
- Joining our Senior Management Team meetings once a quarter, to update and discuss staff involvement in the EOT and the promotion of the EOT externally to other businesses/individuals
- Being a person of influence for other staff members to share ideas with
- Providing ideas for the Vision Days to further embed the EOT in the company culture
- Organising celebrations for EOT Day (23rd June), Vision Days, our EOT anniversary (15th December) and so on.
The roles will be rotated on an annual basis so everyone in the team will have an opportunity to be an EOT Champion in the future.
Personally, I am very grateful to have been chosen for this role and put myself forward for this as I have really felt the benefits of working for an Employee-Owned company since I joined in January. Both Theresa and I have a lot of ideas and really are looking forward to turning these ideas into reality.Emma Perkins – Paraplanner and EOT Champion
Theresa and Emma are both extremely enthusiastic about this new role. They would also like to connect with other EOT champions in Dorset and further afield to discuss how they have found the role and what they have done within their own companies to make a difference. Please get in touch via our Contact Us page.